General News 1916
"WHEN EUMUNGERIE GETS ITS BORE" & SCHOOL TENDER
Eumungerie Fire 1924
On Monday last a great deal of ex-citement and concern were caused by a fire breaking out in a property owned by Mr. Eugland and tenanted by Mr. Swaysland, who has been carrying on a grocery aud small goods business. It was about 5 p.m. when the smoke was first noticed, but the supply of water being inadequate the flames soon spread. Although everyone rushed to assist, it was soon evident that it was impossible to save it, be cause the adjoining building, owned by Mr. Buck, was also aflame. Both buildings being weatherboard it was not long before they were completely demolished. Luckily, the cottage owned by Mr. Buck was unoccupied; but most of Mr. Swaysland's goods and household effects were totally destroyed. The buildings and stock, we understand, were insured.
General News 1926
EXPANDING TENNIS COURTS